Unique opportunities exist for Chilean business owners, investors and professionals
We have received great interest from citizens of Chile for the special visa opportunities available for nationals of this country. Our Latin American team works closely with our Chilean clientele to either establish new businesses in the United States or take advantage of the special visa for Chilean professionals.
Chileans are uniquely positioned to explore business opportunities because Chileans can now travel to the U.S. without a visa. Click here for information on Chilean participation in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
Can Chilean nationals obtain a visa to open a business in the United States?
Yes. Both E-1 and E-2 visas are currently available to Chilean nationals. While E visas are non-immigrant visas, they can entail significantly less investment than an EB5-based green card application. In addition, E visas do not have the requirement that L visas have for the continued operation of a qualifying business outside the United States.
E-1 and E-2 visa application packages are submitted to the Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate in Santiago at the time of the applicant’s scheduled interview. By working with Davies & Associates, we can ensure that your visa application complies with the E-visa program generally and the unique application requirements of the Santiago Consular office. Click here for more information about E-1 Treaty Trader Visas. Click here for more information about E-2 Treaty Investor Visas.
What are other options are available for Chileans to start a business in the United States?
Chileans that already own or work for a company in Chile and have worked at the company for more than one year may be able to obtain an L-1 non-immigrant visa by opening an office or new business in the United States. An L-1 visa may later open an opportunity to apply for lawful permanent residency in the United States.
EB-5 Investment and Permanent Residency in the United States for Chilean Nationals
Investors who are able to make a minimum investment of $900,000.00 may be able to qualify for an EB-5 visa. We are experienced at assisting non-U.S. investors through the complicated EB-5 immigration procedures.
While there are many issues that have to be addressed when applying for a visa, in our experience a common issue with many applicants is the ability to prove the source of the invested funds.
We also empower potential EB-5 investors to evaluate and intelligently choose an EB-5 Regional Centers to work with. Regional Centers are organizations designated by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as sponsors of capital investment projects for investments by EB-5 investors.
Additional information on the EB5 visa process can be found by clicking here.
What visa options are available for Chileans with college degrees or who work as professionals?
Chileans are fortunate to have access to a special H-1B1 visa, which is similar to the H-1B visa that is generally available for professionals. The H-1B program allows individuals in occupations that require a bachelor’s degree to work in the United States for a number of years.
While the general H-1B visa program is subject to a cap, under special H-1B1 visa program established under a US-Chile Free Trade agreement, a subset of these visas are set aside for Chileans. The annual maximum number of these visas is rarely met, which means that Chileans applying for the H-1B1 generally do not have to take their chances with the lottery system that nationals of other countries are subject to.
In addition, the application process for a special H-1B1 visa for Chileans is far less burdensome and can be done directly at the U.S. Consulate in Santiago. Moreover, the special H-1B1 visa category for Chileans is open to some occupations that do not require a standard 4-year college degrees. These include:
- Agricultural Managers;
- Physical Therapists;
- Disaster Relief Claims Adjusters; and
- Certain Management Consultants.
Can my family join me in the United States on an Investment or Business visa?
Different types of visas and the specific facts of your case determine whether your family members can join you in the United States and what activities they may undertake. The table below outlines the GENERAL position in relation to a trailing spouse but is NOT intended to provide specific legal advice.
Summary of Key Visas Available to Chilean Entrepreneurs, Investors, Small Business Owners, and Professionals
|Visa available to Chilean nationals
|Ability of dependent Spouse to work in US
|Can the visa be renewed into perpetuity assuming I re-qualify?
|Minimum investment Required
|Sufficient to operate valid foreign business and US office or business entity
|Sufficient to fund business enterprise, generally around USD 100,000.00
|Either USD 900,000.00 or USD 1,800,000.00
|Immigrant visa status
Why Should a Chilean National choose Davies & Associates as their US Immigration Lawyers?
- Understanding. For over fifteen years we have worked with nationals from a wide variety of countries and have found that many nations have unique needs and cultural issues that require creative solutions. Davies & Associates understands these issues and has experience developing strategies for success.
- Location. While much of your paperwork will need to be filed in the United States, some of it may need to be filed with your local consulate. Through our locations and affiliates around the world, we are ideally positioned to assist you.
- Excellence. Given our knowledge and understanding of our Latin American clientele, we are able to craft unique solutions narrowly tailored to meet your needs. We believe we can produce the very best immigration solutions available.
- Results. While there are never any guarantees, to-date no visa application that we have prepared has ever been denied.
Where to Obtain your U.S. Visa
All Chilean applicants for visas must appear in person at the U.S. Consulate in Santiago to meet with a consular official before the visa is issued. The address for the U.S. Consulate is as follows:
Attorneys from Davies & Associates will help you prepare for this interview.
E2 Visa Solutions by Country of Nationality or Residency
Select your country for more information
E2 Visa for Australians nationals
E2 Visa for British nationals
E2 Visa for Korean nationals
E2 Visa for Italian nationals
E2 Visa for Indian nationals
E2 Visa for Vietnamese nationals
E2 Visa for Israelis nationals
E2 Visa for Egyptian nationals
E2 Visa for Czechs nationals
E2 Visa for Chileans nationals
E2 Visa for Ukrainian nationals
E2 Visa for Germany nationals
E2 Visa for Taiwan nationals
E2 Visa for Filipinos nationals
E2 Visa for Mexican nationals
Latest case studies
- Change of status application from F-1 to E-2 treaty investor
- E-2 for Essential Employee- Singapore
- E-2 treaty investor Visa application approved for a UK national
- E-2 Treaty investor visa approved for a Bangladesh citizen
- E-2 Treaty investor visa for a UK national valid for 5 years
- E-2 Visa application approved for an Australian citizen
- 5-Year E-2 treaty investor visa issued to a filipino citizen
- E-2 Visa in the “essential employee category” approved for singaporean national
- U.S. visas for critical employees of a Singapore-based wealth management company
- 5-year E-2 visa for a romanian investor issued by the U.S. embassy in Bucharest
- Approved: E2 Visa for Owner of Norwegian Skincare Company
- Change of Status E2 Treaty Investor: Pakistan
- Changing status - F-1 to E-2
- D&A Clients Wait Out the EB-5 Queue in the USA Using E-2 Visa
- E-2 Status for Indian Born Purchaser of Retail Business with Australian Passport
- E-2 Treaty Investor Visa application approved for a uk citizen
- E-2 Treaty investor Visa application approved for a filipino investor
- E-2 Visa for Design and Decorating Enterprise
- E-2 Visa for a Founder/CEO of a Real Estate Investment Firm
- E-2 Visa: Change of Status approved for a Singaporean national amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
- E-2 Visas for UK nationals valid for 5 years
- E-2 for Footwear / Fashion
- E-2 for Real Estate Development
- E-2 for Real Estate Start-Up Firm
- E-2 for a Recreational Water Sports Company
- E-2 treaty investor visa for a UK national valid for 5 years
- E-2 treaty investor visa renewal for another 4 years for an australian citizen and E-2 derivative visas for his spouse and child
- E2 Study Cases
- E2 Treaty Investor - Rug & Carpet Retail and Wholesale
- E2 Treaty Investor Visa for Aviation Industry
- E2 treaty investor visa for an italian national
- E2 visa for Commercial Lighting Fixtures
- Grenada CBI Coupled with a USA E-2 Visa
- Keeping a Family together through the E-2 Visa: Client Case Study
- Message from a satisfied E-2 client
- Renewal of E-2 Treaty Investor Visa for an Australian National
- भारत में जन्मे ऑस्ट्रेलियाई के लिए कैलिफोर्निया में स्टोर खोलने के लिए E-2 वीजा
- E-2 Treaty Investor Visa application approved for a UK national
- E-2 Visa for Leading Fashion Designer
- E-2 Visa validity based on reciprocity schedule
- E-2 Visas issued by the us embassy in London to the principal applicant and to his spouse and child
- E-2 treaty investor visa for a UK citizen and E-2 derivative visas for his wife and son
- E-2 treaty investor visa for an Italian citizen issued by the U.S. Embassy in Singapore
- Five (5) E-2 visas issued by the U.S. Embassy in Manila
Contact Davies & Associates Offices in Chile
Check all of our locations around the world.
Contact us by email
I had the pleasure of working with Verdie and Nessa to obtain my E2 Visa. Their in-depth knowledge and experience allowed me to be fully prepared in my application and they were able to answer all questions leading up to the Visa interview.
Verdie was an amazing attorney, providing exceptional client care throughout the process. He had a great depth of knowledge in all areas on business visas in the US.
Thanks to them for handling my E2 visa very professionally. I had a study visa from F1 and changed it to E2. I encountered many problems during the application process. Verdie and Etta were very patient in helping me and it took a long time. I highly recommend this place.
I had a great experience with Davies & Associates. They are very thorough in the approach and their have experts in this field who know the domain very well.I would certainly be leaning onto them for any future needs as well.
everyone helped me alot in my application especially Verdie and Etta and mark. answered all my questions, prepared my application very organised. EXCELLANT TEAM.
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand.Individual seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
D&A was very detail-oriented and was very thorough in what they did” L1 Visa Client. There was a lot of work on my case and worked on it 24/7 and was very patient answering all my questions.E2 Visa Client
My case felt complex but D&A managed the whole process carefully and helped me move seamlessly from one stage to the next.E2 + CBI Client
D&A was my guiding light through the entire EB5 Process.EB5 Visa Client
I would definitely be a big advocate for the rest of my life for anyone wanting to explore the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme leading to the E2 Visa. The most important thing is a good team behind you.. with Davies & Associates you’re in safe hands… you need someone who can give you all the support at the ground level and, again, you are well take care of by D&A. The people are really warm, very helpful and quite openminded when it comes to business… Not to mention as a passport it’s great from a travel perspective…It’s just 4/5 hours from New York.Grenada CBI + E2 Visa Client
The entire process of getting an EB5 visa is handled in a professional way by Mark Davies and his team. EB5 is a wonderful option for anyone considering moving to the United States if you have the means. I was hoping to use the H1B route for my children, but it became unreliable and so I looked to the EB5 Visa instead. It is great for anyone who has the resources. Mark gives you the first meetings himself which gives you great comfort. Both Mark and Sanjay are abundantly available and I even had the pleasure of hosting them at my house.Parent of 2 EB5 Visa Holders
I'm in a process of extending my L1 visa. I submitted a few questions regarding my case and he contacted me back almost immediately both by e-mail and telephone. Unlike other attorneys I met before, he gave me the impression of knowing from the top of his head what kind of visa I have, and what actions had to be taken to extend it. He is very thorough and clear regarding the process and what to expect in terms of timelines and issues that may arise. He is constantly in contact, so you definitely know he's working on your case.L1B Visa Holder
Mark Davies is a joy to work with. His extensive knowledge, speedy response and attentive service took away all my fears of dealing with immigration and visa applications. He is very generous with his time in explaining every step along the way and I have already and will in the future recommend him to anybody who is looking for an immigration lawyer.E2 Visa for Small Professional Business With International Offices
Davies & Associates assisted us with an immigration emergency involving my brother's fiancée who was outside the United States. They assisted us in an highly professional manner, working with the relevant US embassy, US immigration and the governments of two other countries. As a result of their efforts the individual involved is now working in the United States. While their knowledge of the law is exemplary what really distinguishes this firm and attorney Davies from any other firm we have worked with is their dedication to customer service and their unrivaled level of professionalism.Complex Fiancée Visa Need Involving Multiple International Jurisdictions
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand. I have recommended this firm to several friends and colleagues, they do an excellent job every time.Individual Seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
I was qualified as a physician in a foreign country. Being on a J1 visa I was facing having to leave the United States and return to my home country. Davies & Associates secured one of only 30 J1 visa waivers available in my State, allowing me to work for a US hospital and remain in the United States.Doctor Seeking J1 Visa Waiver
I am very satisfied with the services Mark Davies has provided me. He has a very extensive knowledge in immigration laws and has a thorough approach to any case.U Visa Applicant, A Victim of Crime
Looking to relocate or having trouble with a visa applicaton?
We are known for our creative solutions that obtain "impossible" visas, we solve the most complex immigration problems for business, investors, individuals and families.Request Free Consultation