Portuguese Residency By Investment
Benefits of Portuguese Residency By Investment
- Obtaining a residence permit that allows you to live, work and study in Portugal
- Free movement within the European area
- Short mandatory stay period (14 days every 2 years)
- Family reunification
- Permanent residence after 5 years
- Nationality after 5 years
- Special tax regime for residents in Portugal - Non Habitual Resident
PORTUGAL IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS
THE GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM
Portugal has implemented a residence permit program that allows foreign citizens to obtain a temporary residence permit and freely circulate within the Schengen Area, through certain eligible investments (e.g. real estate and capital investments among others). Investors are required to a minimum period of 14 days stay per each 2 years, for a minimum period of 5 years. Family regrouping is also available under the Portuguese program.
- Transfer of € 1,000,000.00 or more, through.
- bank deposits,
- creation of a company
- acquisition of Portuguese government debt, namely treasury bonds;
- acquisition of Securities and Acquisition of Shares in Commercial Companies
- Creation of at least 10 jobs
- Acquisition of real estate with a minimum investment of € 500.000,00, or € 400.000,00 in some low density areas
- Acquisition of real estate with a minimum investment of € 350.000,00, whose construction was completed at least 30 years ago, or located in an area of urban rehabilitation, with works of rehabilitation of the assets; or € 280.000,00 if the real estate is located in some low density areas
- Transfer of capital in the amount of € 350.000,00 or more, which is applied in research activities carried out by public or private research institutions of scientific institution, integrated into the national scientific and technological system
- Transfer of € 250.000,00 or more, which is applied in investment or support for artistic production, restoration or maintenance of national cultural heritage
- Transfer equal or above to € 350.000,00, for the acquisition of units in investment funds or venture capital enterprises, or for the capitalization of companies, which meet certain requirements
- Transfer equal or above € 350.000,00, for the incorporation of a company with head office in Portugal, combined with the creation of five permanent jobs, or to reinforce the share capital of a company with headquarters in Portuguese territory, already established, with the creation or maintenance of work, with a minimum of five permanent, for a period of three years
The residence permit is granted for a period of 2 years, always renewable for 2 years, until a minimum of 5, at which time you can apply for the permanent residence permit or Portuguese nationality, if you meet the respective requirements.
The pandemic and the need for investment it has brought has caused the government to fall behind in restricting eligible investment, so this is the right time to make your investment and benefit from the Golden Visa program.
The investor has also the right to apply for family regrouping, for his or her direct relatives, including spouse or partner, dependent children and stepchildren, dependent siblings, parents and in-laws.
OTHER RESIDENCE PROGRAMS
Unlike the Golden Visa program, the following residence permits require the applicant to stay in Portuguese territory for more than 183 days per year, in which case he/she may benefit from the most favourable tax regime of the non-habitual resident.
- Visa and residence permit for teaching or highly qualified or cultural activity
- Visa and residence permit for entrepreneurs
- Visa and residence permit for retired persons
- Visa and residence permit and foreign citizens with own income
- The holders of temporary residence may apply for derived Portuguese nationality after 5 years
- Descendants of Portuguese parents or ascendants up to the first degree, who didn’t lose the nationality
- Children born in Portugal from foreign parents who have been living in Portugal for more than 1 year (as soon as the new Law of Nationality come into force)
- Citizens born in the former state of India and their descendants
- Descendants of Portuguese Sephardic Jews
- Spouses or de facto cohabitees of Portuguese citizens
We were in a hurry and Verdie and the team were highly responsive and supportive, even when we threw in some curve balls along the way. We had our visas approved without any issues and felt confident and well prepared for document submissions and the interview. I'd certainly recommend this team for an E2 visa process.
5 stars and a high five! Thank you Verdie and Etta for assisting us with our change of status application. They were very professional and accommodating with all our questions and concerns throughout the process. Despite the time constraint, we pulled it off and we could not have done this without you guys! Keep up the good work!
I received an world-class help in how to immigrate to the USA succesfully! Alex was very open to answer my questions and is definitely a professional in what he does! Strongly recommend this firm.
I had talked with Alex Jovy, he was very quick to respond, had a lot of useful information which I was not aware of. Took time out of his day to discuss my situation and was very helpful. They go into a lot of detail which other companies do not. Overall a great service!
It was great to have a first meeting with Alex Jovy on Team and were glad to have fruitful discussion. Alex in-depth knowledge and I will highly recommend Alex for these services.
Contact Davies & Associates Offices in Vietnam
29th Floor East Tower, Hanoi Lotte Center, 54 Lieu Giai St., Cong Vi Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Hà Nội 100000
Map and Driving Directions
Our email address
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand.Individual seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
D&A was very detail-oriented and was very thorough in what they did” L1 Visa Client. There was a lot of work on my case and worked on it 24/7 and was very patient answering all my questions.E2 Visa Client
My case felt complex but D&A managed the whole process carefully and helped me move seamlessly from one stage to the next.E2 + CBI Client
D&A was my guiding light through the entire EB5 Process.EB5 Visa Client
I would definitely be a big advocate for the rest of my life for anyone wanting to explore the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme leading to the E2 Visa. The most important thing is a good team behind you.. with Davies & Associates you’re in safe hands… you need someone who can give you all the support at the ground level and, again, you are well take care of by D&A. The people are really warm, very helpful and quite openminded when it comes to business… Not to mention as a passport it’s great from a travel perspective…It’s just 4/5 hours from New York.Grenada CBI + E2 Visa Client
The entire process of getting an EB5 visa is handled in a professional way by Mark Davies and his team. EB5 is a wonderful option for anyone considering moving to the United States if you have the means. I was hoping to use the H1B route for my children, but it became unreliable and so I looked to the EB5 Visa instead. It is great for anyone who has the resources. Mark gives you the first meetings himself which gives you great comfort. Both Mark and Sanjay are abundantly available and I even had the pleasure of hosting them at my house.Parent of 2 EB5 Visa Holders
I'm in a process of extending my L1 visa. I submitted a few questions regarding my case and he contacted me back almost immediately both by e-mail and telephone. Unlike other attorneys I met before, he gave me the impression of knowing from the top of his head what kind of visa I have, and what actions had to be taken to extend it. He is very thorough and clear regarding the process and what to expect in terms of timelines and issues that may arise. He is constantly in contact, so you definitely know he's working on your case.L1B Visa Holder
Mark Davies is a joy to work with. His extensive knowledge, speedy response and attentive service took away all my fears of dealing with immigration and visa applications. He is very generous with his time in explaining every step along the way and I have already and will in the future recommend him to anybody who is looking for an immigration lawyer.E2 Visa for Small Professional Business With International Offices
Davies & Associates assisted us with an immigration emergency involving my brother's fiancée who was outside the United States. They assisted us in an highly professional manner, working with the relevant US embassy, US immigration and the governments of two other countries. As a result of their efforts the individual involved is now working in the United States. While their knowledge of the law is exemplary what really distinguishes this firm and attorney Davies from any other firm we have worked with is their dedication to customer service and their unrivaled level of professionalism.Complex Fiancée Visa Need Involving Multiple International Jurisdictions
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand. I have recommended this firm to several friends and colleagues, they do an excellent job every time.Individual Seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
I was qualified as a physician in a foreign country. Being on a J1 visa I was facing having to leave the United States and return to my home country. Davies & Associates secured one of only 30 J1 visa waivers available in my State, allowing me to work for a US hospital and remain in the United States.Doctor Seeking J1 Visa Waiver
I am very satisfied with the services Mark Davies has provided me. He has a very extensive knowledge in immigration laws and has a thorough approach to any case.U Visa Applicant, A Victim of Crime
Looking to relocate or having trouble with a visa applicaton?
We are known for our creative solutions that obtain "impossible" visas, we solve the most complex immigration problems for business, investors, individuals and families.Request Free Consultation