- Agriculture & Commodities Industry Practice
- Commercial Manufacturing & Production Industry Group
- Energy Practice Group
- Fashion Industry
- Information Technology
- Logistics & Warehousing Practice
- Retail Practice
- Startup & Emerging Business
- Mobile Application & Social Media
- India Practice Group
- Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Consulting & Service Oriented Businesses
- Visa Franchise Practice
- Medical Professionals
- Moving from Australia to US
- Emigrate to & from Canada
- Grenada Citizenship by investment
- Moving from India to US
- Italian Citizenship & Residency
- Moving from Philippines to US
- Portuguese Residency By Investment
- Moving from Singapore to US
- Moving from Taiwan to US
- Turkish Citizenship
- Moving from United Kingdom to US
- Immigration to the United Kingdom
- Moving from Vietnam to US
Why is the E2 Visa Application Process Unique?
The E2 visa process it's unique in that it is handled entirely by the US Department of State. This means that unlike L1 visas and EB5 visas USCIS is not involved in E2 visa adjudication. E2 applications are filed directly in the US consulate in Germany, not with USCIS.
What is the E2 Visa Application Process in Germany?
The E2 visa process in Germany is straight-forward and simple. An E2 Visa Application is filed with the US consulate. The next step is a consular interview. Issuance of an E2 visa is the first step to us immigration.
What Has to be Included in an E-2 Visa Application Package Filed in Germany? ?
The US consulates in Germany provide very precise guidance for the E2 visa applications. Applications that do not meet these strict guidelines may not be considered by the consulate. The Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM) also offers guidance in the materials to be included in the application. 9 FAM 402.9-11.
Immigration attorneys familiar with E2 processing in Germany can be extremely beneficial. The exact documentation required by the consulate can differ based on individual cases and changes over time.
- A photograph on a white background which complies with the current consular guidelines.
- A photocopy of the biographics page of the primary applicant's passport. The needs to comply with U.S. visa photo requirements.
- The confirmation page from your Non-immigrant Visa Application Form DS-160.
- An MRV application fee receipt
Fill out Form DS-156E on behalf of the principal applicant. If you are represented by an attorney, attach Form G-28. Have the applicant or company representative sign both forms.
The Foreign Affairs Manual ("FAM") and the US consulate in Frankfurt require the E-2 visa application
- The US business is either operation or immediately capable of beginning operations, 9 FAM 402.9-6(C);
- That the investment is substantial,9 FAM 402.9-6(D);
- The investment does more than allow the investor to support their family. It provides real value to the US economy 9 FAM 402.9-6(E);
- The investor has already made a qualifying investment or is in the process of doing so 9 FAM 402.9-6(B);
- The role to be filled by the applicant requires executive/supervisory skills 9 FAM 402.9-7(A)
- A statement of the E2 visa applicant's intent to depart U.S. when their E status ends. Note: an E2 visa holder can later change their mind, transitioning to a Green Card is an option.
- If the US business has previously been qualified for an E2 visa then this needs to be disclosed.
- Business Plan. A five year business plan is required detailing projected profit and loss. For existing businesses two years of tax returns are required.
- A profit and loss statement for the current year. The goal is to evidence that the US E2 business will be profitable within five (5) years.
- Evidence that the US E2 business is owned 50% or more my German Nationals. Qualifying German Nationals cannot be US Permanent Residents. INA 101(a)(15)(E).
- Companies traded on a stock market located in Germany are generally deemed to be of German ownership for E2 purposes. Evidence of the the listing needs to be included.
Tab 2cThe company should provide details of their original E visa status. This includes the date and place they were approved. Applicants should include a statement in their application. This statement should affirm their commitment to leave the United States when their E status expires.
- Demonstrate the applicant has invested or is in the process of investing 9 FAM 402.9-6(D) The applicant must demonstrate that the enterprise is a real and operating commercial enterprise, and not a passive investment.
- Documentation evidencing that the E2 investment is "substantial" 9 FAM 402.9-6(D)
Tab 3bEvidence that the business will do more than support the applicant and their family. 9 FAM 402.9-6(E) A business does not qualify for E2 purposes if it only produces enough income to support the applicant and their family.
- The applicants resume.
- Evidence that any essential employee has skills that are urgently needed by the business. US consular staff find an explanation of why a US Citizen or Green Card Holder cannot take the role helpful.
- Organizational chart explaining the reporting structure at the US business.
Contact Davies & Associates Offices in United States
Check all of our locations around the world.
New York Office
200 E69th Street, 2N,New York , NY 10022
Map and Driving Directions
Los Angeles Office
601 South Figueroa Street Suite 4050 Los Angeles, CA 90017
Map and Driving Directions
155 N. Upper Wacker Dr. Suite 4250 Chicago, IL 60606
Map and Driving Directions
80 S.W. 8th St Suite 2000 Miami, FL 33130
Map and Driving Directions
18881 von Karman Avenue, Suite 220F, Irvine, CA 92612
Map and Driving Directions
1075 Peachtree Street NE Suite 3650 Atlanta, GA 30309
Map and Driving Directions
I had a great experience with Davies & Associates. They are very thorough in the approach and their have experts in this field who know the domain very well.I would certainly be leaning onto them for any future needs as well.
Thanks to them for handling my E2 visa very professionally. I had a study visa from F1 and changed it to E2. I encountered many problems during the application process. Verdie and Etta were very patient in helping me and it took a long time. I highly recommend this place.
Outstanding Immigration Attorney: Highly Recommended! Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5/5) I had the pleasure of working with Verdie Atienza and his team at Davies & Associates , a top-notch immigration attorney in the United States. Their professionalism, expertise, and dedication throughout the process were exceptional. With in-depth knowledge of immigration law, they provided accurate advice and addressed all my concerns, instilling confidence. Verdie Atienza and his team meticulously reviewed my documentation and maintained excellent communication, keeping me updated regularly. What sets Davies & Associates apart is their unparalleled attention to detail. Communication with Verdie Atienza and his team in USA and Sukanya Raman in India was always prompt and efficient. They promptly returned my calls and emails, providing regular updates on the progress of my case. This level of responsiveness and transparency significantly reduced my stress levels, as I knew I could rely on their support and guidance throughout the entire process. Their personalized approach, ethical conduct, and genuine care for my success made them an outstanding attorney. I highly recommend Davies & Associates for all your immigration needs.
Getting my E2 Visa was a very in-depth process that took just over a year from when I committed to it, but 8 months from when I found a business I wanted to purchase. The only reason I'm giving 4 and not 5 stars is because the timeframe was a lot longer than expected from the initial information. Aside from the timing, Verdie and his team led me through the Visa process, providing all the guidance I needed to be successful, including advising me on the RIGHT type of Visa to suit my goals. Within the process I purchased a business and the greater Davies team included lawyer Rinat who helped me put the deal together. One of the biggest parts was my Business Plan which created from my info by Ana Ortiz, who did an incredible job. The process is certainly tedious and Verdie & Christina were always there to answer my questions, provide suggestions and advice and ensure I had all the documents I needed to support my application. I appreciated their patience with my questions and their advice and in the end, the application was so thorough the interview process was quick and easy. I highly recommend Davies & Associates and look forward to working with them again when it's time to renew my Visa.
We were in a hurry and Verdie and the team were highly responsive and supportive, even when we threw in some curve balls along the way. We had our visas approved without any issues and felt confident and well prepared for document submissions and the interview. I'd certainly recommend this team for an E2 visa process.
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand.Individual seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
D&A was very detail-oriented and was very thorough in what they did” L1 Visa Client. There was a lot of work on my case and worked on it 24/7 and was very patient answering all my questions.E2 Visa Client
My case felt complex but D&A managed the whole process carefully and helped me move seamlessly from one stage to the next.E2 + CBI Client
D&A was my guiding light through the entire EB5 Process.EB5 Visa Client
I would definitely be a big advocate for the rest of my life for anyone wanting to explore the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme leading to the E2 Visa. The most important thing is a good team behind you.. with Davies & Associates you’re in safe hands… you need someone who can give you all the support at the ground level and, again, you are well take care of by D&A. The people are really warm, very helpful and quite openminded when it comes to business… Not to mention as a passport it’s great from a travel perspective…It’s just 4/5 hours from New York.Grenada CBI + E2 Visa Client
The entire process of getting an EB5 visa is handled in a professional way by Mark Davies and his team. EB5 is a wonderful option for anyone considering moving to the United States if you have the means. I was hoping to use the H1B route for my children, but it became unreliable and so I looked to the EB5 Visa instead. It is great for anyone who has the resources. Mark gives you the first meetings himself which gives you great comfort. Both Mark and Sanjay are abundantly available and I even had the pleasure of hosting them at my house.Parent of 2 EB5 Visa Holders
I'm in a process of extending my L1 visa. I submitted a few questions regarding my case and he contacted me back almost immediately both by e-mail and telephone. Unlike other attorneys I met before, he gave me the impression of knowing from the top of his head what kind of visa I have, and what actions had to be taken to extend it. He is very thorough and clear regarding the process and what to expect in terms of timelines and issues that may arise. He is constantly in contact, so you definitely know he's working on your case.L1B Visa Holder
Mark Davies is a joy to work with. His extensive knowledge, speedy response and attentive service took away all my fears of dealing with immigration and visa applications. He is very generous with his time in explaining every step along the way and I have already and will in the future recommend him to anybody who is looking for an immigration lawyer.E2 Visa for Small Professional Business With International Offices
Davies & Associates assisted us with an immigration emergency involving my brother's fiancée who was outside the United States. They assisted us in an highly professional manner, working with the relevant US embassy, US immigration and the governments of two other countries. As a result of their efforts the individual involved is now working in the United States. While their knowledge of the law is exemplary what really distinguishes this firm and attorney Davies from any other firm we have worked with is their dedication to customer service and their unrivaled level of professionalism.Complex Fiancée Visa Need Involving Multiple International Jurisdictions
Several lawyers told me I would not be able to get a TN visa. Two weeks after contacting Davies & Associates I was working in New York, visa in hand. I have recommended this firm to several friends and colleagues, they do an excellent job every time.Individual Seeking 'Impossible' TN Visa
I was qualified as a physician in a foreign country. Being on a J1 visa I was facing having to leave the United States and return to my home country. Davies & Associates secured one of only 30 J1 visa waivers available in my State, allowing me to work for a US hospital and remain in the United States.Doctor Seeking J1 Visa Waiver
I am very satisfied with the services Mark Davies has provided me. He has a very extensive knowledge in immigration laws and has a thorough approach to any case.U Visa Applicant, A Victim of Crime
Looking to relocate or having trouble with a visa applicaton?
We are known for our creative solutions that obtain "impossible" visas, we solve the most complex immigration problems for business, investors, individuals and families.Request Free Consultation