New York (preferred)
We are currently looking for a part-time immigration paralegal to assist our busy practice. Given the IT systems we have in place working from home is an option we are open to discussing.
Please e-mail us at: [email protected]. Include a copy of your resume and compensation requirements together with your answers to the following questions:
- What are the principal statutes and regulations that govern immigration law, what are their relevance and how do you use them?
- How do you extend an L-1 visa?
- What is the rue for children of LPRs born outside the United States and where is it found in the regulations?
- A client is subject to deportation proceedings and has been in the country for 10 years, the last 5 of them when he has been illegally present. What questions would you ask in order to ascertain what possible relief may be available to him?
- A client just came into the office. Has entered the country legally in 2009 but overstayed his visa and now wishes to claim asylum. He can document that he will be killed because of his religious beliefs if he goes back to his home country. What are your comments on this case and what steps would you suggest?
- Are you, or have you ever been associated with AILA?
- What language skills do you have?
- How could you help us build our firm's practice?
We are currently looking for two interns who is eager to learn immigration law by observing us work on our bro-bono cases. You should consider this to be a training program as the work involves pro-bono clients the position is unpaid.
You MUST be at a law school that is willing to work with us to set-up training that meets the State and Federal labor law requirements for intern programs. While these requirements do not mandate that you receive academic credit we would prefer to work with a student who's school will allow you to receive some credit.
While we are ideally looking for students at law school, we will undergraduates who can demonstrate a real and genuine interest in immigration law.
Please e-mail your resume to [email protected]