Abhinav Lohia, Esq.Chair for India & Southeast Asia Practice
Deputy Managing Attorney, Chicago Office
Abhi is a dual qualified attorney licensed to practice in the State of New York and the Republic of India. He is a Member of our Global Investor & Business Practice, Chair’s Davies & Associate’s India & South Asia Practice Team. He is also the Deputy Managing Attorney of the firm’s Chicago Office and serves on our firm’s Global Advisory Board.
Abhi has successfully assisted Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi investors and businesses of every size establish and expand their presence in the United States. His experience with Indian clients spans every major metropolitan market in India and he is a frequent visitor to our clients in Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Punjab, Chandigarh and Jaipur. Abhi also serves Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi clients resident in the Gulf States, and Singapore and was previously stationed in our firm’s Dubai office.
Working with Davies & Associates’s tax and corporate lawyers Abhi and his team file EB-5, L-1 and E-2 visa applications almost every week of the year and are frequently retained to re-file cases previously filed by other law firms that were denied. As of July 2015, no visa application filed by Abhi has ever been denied.
Abhi is an experienced business and investment immigration Attorney who specializes in EB5, L1, E-2 and E-1 visas. His exceptional understanding of the principals of Investment visas enables him to provide clients with legal opinions based on proper interpretation of law. He assists investors in making a qualified investment in the United States for the purposes of obtaining Employment Based Fifth Preference Visa (EB5 Visa) and establishing new businesses, affiliates and subsidiaries in the United States (L1 & E2 Visa).
Abhi has been recognized as one of the leading lawyers serving Indian and Southeast Asian investors and businesses establishing themselves or expanding in the United States.
From major multinational corporations to individual EB5 investors, Abhi has assisted clients from every corner of India and Southeast Asia.
A few of Abhi’s recent engagements include assisting:
- A Punjab-based client obtain an EB-5 visa by opening a trucking business in the State of California.
- One of India’s oldest and largest Bangalore-based businesses establish its US business and visa strategies.
- An established Mumbai-based firm obtain EB-5 visas for its investors by opening a factory in the State of Mississippi.
- An award winning Mumbai-based global fashion house with a history of multiple visa denials using other law firms successfully establish an L-1 business in New York.
- A Chandigarh-based IT business with a prior history of denied visas using other law firms obtain an L-1 visa to establish a new business in India.
- The owner of a large Delhi NCR-based software and IT design business with a history of visas denials establish a presence in the State of New Jersey.
- Multiple EB-5 investors from every major region of India, Dubai and Singapore obtain EB-5 based “green cards” through the Regional Center program.
- Multiple H1B visa professionals in the United States obtain EB-5 based “green cards” through Direct Investment and the Regional Center program.
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Member, New York State Bar Association.
- Member, Bar council of Delhi, India.
- Member, TiE United.